A Return to my Earring-Making Roots
When Alenka, of Pepita's Handmade suggested a Butterfly Blog-hop, in honor of her birthday, I hopped right on. I seem to need a challenge every once in a while to get my creative juices going.
And I knew I wanted to to make these simple but effective earrings. I have made this basic design before, and I always sold anything I didn't hoard for my self.
So here we are. So simple, fairly easy, but so pretty and spring-like. I started with making a little "body" for my craft-store purchased butterfly links. Hanging a coordinating bead dangle gives them a little swing.
|Peach and light green seed beads, with sweet matching green dangles.|
|Perching green butterflies on a "leaf."|
|Butterflies look pretty in pink.|
|Purple-y body colors are set off by amethyst glass drops that change color depending on the light.|
I loved digging through my stash for the beads used in this project. I hope the other participants did too!
Here is a list of their blogs:
5. Kepi --> http://kepirasmussen.blogspot.
6. Christine Altmiller --> http://onekisscreations.
7. Amy S. --> http://blogspot.amybeads.com/
8. Dini Bruinsma --> http://angazabychanges.
9. Cynthia (Antiquity Travelers) --> http://antiquitytravelers.
10. Alicia --> http://www.allprettythings.ca/
11. sheilaposter --> http://catswithbeads.blogspot.
12. Therese Frank --> http://theresestreasures59.
13. Rebecca White --> http://morganafeycreations.
14. Rachel Mallis --> http://www.mintmonarch.com/#!
15. Liz E --> http://beadcontagion.blogspot.
16. Ana (ACBeads) --> http://acbeads.blogspot.com/
17. Jasvanti Patel --> http://jewelrybyjasvanti.
18. Carolyn --> http://carolynscreationswa.
19. Nan Smith --> http://wirednan.blogspot.com/