Friday, June 28, 2013

Focus on : ? (really, ?)

...in which we pick our own prompt. 


How wonderful, how freeing how....terrifying! Hey Sally, if I could pick my own inspiration, I wouldn't have joined your challenge, now would I? But seriously, in honor of our 26th week of Focus on Life, Sally has challenged us to find our own prompt. 

So, being my self, I waited until something jumped out at me. The photo opportunity gave me the inspiration for the "prompt." Now what was that again? Oh yeah. "Take a closer look."

Wednesday night I gave my daughter a ride home at dinner time, and we stopped to get a pizza. It was going to be a ten minute wait, some I took my camera, and wandered around to the back of the shop. 

Were there any birds around the Dumpster? Not many.


 Was there a good view of  the farm down the hill? No. This looked about as good as it was going to get. 



But here is where you have to take a closer look. 






Take a closer look at what other participants chose for their free choice week! The Studio Sublime. 

23 comments:

  1. Stopping to enjoy wildflowers is always excellent time spent - and I giggled that we had the same indignation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild flowers are just the best! I felt a little lost this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beti, you sure managed to find beauty around you even without a prompt! I especially love the one with the pretty flowers and little red bug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photos - those flowers are so pretty and I love the little bug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A closer look is a wonderful idea. Great wildflower photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you took a "closer look". Great shots of thw wild flowers for us all to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful 'self-prompt' - LOVE your photos!! especially the one w/the little bug on the flowes - it's so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love wild flowers! I almost included a wild flower shot in my photos this week. Your photos are great. What kind of bird is that? Is it a bluebird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe the bird is a swallow. I too thought blue bird, but then it flew, and I saw the typical swallow profile. Interestingly, I saw some old blue bird nesting boxes nearby, and I just learned that they use the same boxes!

      Delete
  9. Your wildflower pictures are great. Especially like the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the daisies!!! Love that shot. Your post portrays what I love about walks - strolls... you notice things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's a swallow too you can see the forked tail if you enlarge the picture! Love that mauve wildflower.. looks a bit like a batchelors button ?....this week was really wet except Tuesday when it was 102!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So you were wanting to show us a photo of a dumpster? Just kidding. Your photos are beautiful and I'm glad you got a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Beti, I LOVE them! Some day I am going to do a quilt of all these beautiful flower pictures, cut up and distorted on the computer and printed onto fabric. Some day.....

    That is a very colourful little bird! What the heck is he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a swallow. Sorry i was not able to get closer!

      Delete
  14. just beautiful good thinking on the prompt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes we take in the big picture and miss the close-up. Great way to use this week's challenge. I never get tired of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, wildflowers, how beautiful! I chuckled at your question to Sally, I almost asked her the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Exactly that was I thinking about the prompt! Those are great "close up" photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice flower photos- good thing you found something to take a closer look at- ha,ha!

    ReplyDelete