Saturday, August 24, 2013

Summer Color Surprise Blog Hop



It's here, it's here!

The Summer Color Surprise Blog Hop is here! 

And I almost missed it! Lisa Lodge of A Grateful Artist - Pine Ridge Treasures announced this Blog Hop months ago. I signed up and ordered my beads. I've been gazing at them from time to time ever since. Adding and subtracting the beads to add from my stash. 

And then... I stopped. August 24 was sooooo far away. Then this afternoon, thankfully, I saw a Facebook posting by Lisa, inviting people to her blog hop. Tomorrow. Saturday! So I got busy! Fortunately, everything was together, and I was able to make a bracelet and two pairs of earrings with no problem. The bracelet started life as a necklace in my mind, but I think it makes a better bracelet! This photography could be better, but that's what you get when you wait until the last minute! 


The lovely beads Lisa Sent me
Ceramic Beads by Shatera
The base beads, plus some I was trying out with them




































With the lovely palette I had starting out, I did not need to add much. I was not sure what I would do with the lovely floral links, since I wanted to string the bracelet on wire, but just wait!



After making the bracelet, I had used every type of bead, but those links were still staring at me. Use me. Ussseeee meeeeeeee!



Earrings!

I have more of these beads, and may make another bracelet, and a ton more earrings. Thank you Lisa Lodge!!

The other fabulous participants.
Your Hostess: Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist

Chris Eisenberg, Wander Ware
Audrey Belanger, Dreams of an Absolution
Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Monique Urquhart, A Half-Baked Notion
Beti Horvath, Stringing Fool
Charlene Bausinger Jacka, Clay Space
Renetha Williams Stanziano, Lamplight Crafts
Leah Mifflin Tees, My Beady Little Eyes
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
Alicia Marinache, All the Pretty Things
Laurie Vyselaar, Lefthand Jewelry
Eleanor Burian-Mohr, The Charmed Life
Julie Lockhart, Copar Aingeal
Dolores Rami, CraftyD's Creations
Elizabeth Bunn, Elizabeth Beads
Mowse Doyle, Mowse Made This
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Candida Elkins Castleberry, Spun Sugar Beadworks
Shaiha Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
Christie Searle Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry
Andrea Glick-Zenith, ZenithJade Creations

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and pieces, and I love the use of the links in the earrings! Great job Betti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely summery pieces! Gorgeous work, Beti :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beads you were sent. The bracelet is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome designs, Beti... aren't you glad you listened to those beads?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely designs - I love the colors and the earrings turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love what you did with the links. I have so many myself and I have never thought about using them in earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bracelet is very pretty. What a great idea you had with using the connectors in the earrings. You gave me an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colors! Isn't it amazing how beads "talk" to us!!!! Mine were screaming calypso.....great pieces, great idea with the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe what beautiful things you can whip up in such a short time!!! I love that you were able to use all the different types of beads from your kit . . . I just couldn't figure out how to do that. Really great work Beti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors! Very summery! Clever earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work, Beti! I love how you used the connectors in the earrings. The ceramic beads look great in your bracelet. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely dangle in those earrings. And clever use of the connectors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! And I love the use of the links in the earrings, inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors!! The earrings are so much fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your bracelet, great use of the links in your neat earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The soft peaches are so pretty! You did a great job creating art quickly! Love the earrings -- so smart and savvy. Sweet, summery, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did you know that you can generate cash by locking selected areas of your blog / website?
    All you need to do is join Mgcash and use their Content Locking widget.

    ReplyDelete