Sunday, September 23, 2012

Coming Soon: History Blog Hop

What Have I Gotten Myself into This Time?


One of the wonderful things about blogging and reading others' blogs, is that you find ideas and inspiration for your own work. Just looking at pictures works, but participating in Blog Hops and challenges of all sorts is a way to challenge yourself with the support of others. Leah Curtis who blogs at  Beady Eyed Bunny is hosting a History Hop, inviting jewelry artists to create pieces based on a period of history which is associated with a recognizable style of jewelry. 

So, I could not decide whether I should pick Ancient Egypt ( 3000 BC to 369 AD) or the Art Deco period (1920s to 1930) - so I chose both! Aside from making more work for myself, I do admire the work done in both periods, and find many similarities in the styles. As a matter of fact, Art Deco Style echos that of Ancient Egypt quite closely. 


My original sketch

I have started on the Egyptian piece, and let's just say that my artistic muse may have gotten a little bit ahead of my jewelry-making skills. But I am working. 




What I have so far - seems to be a focal!

Stay tuned for the reveal on October 13!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment