Saturday, November 9, 2013

Transformation

I subject my own work to a do-over challenge. 


I have been trying to clean up, rearrange and finish things. In the process of doing that, I found things like this. It was actually in a bag of things that had fallen on the floor, swept up, and were waiting to be sorted.  


Cute little rosebud pendant made with polymer clay, but it's a little bumpy, and do you see that the color from the red clay has transferred onto the white? 

I used some acrylic craft paint, and finished it with some embossing powder and Mod Poge Dimensional magic. 

Not sure where this is going, but it is a great start for something that had been going to go into the garbage!


Oh yes, and that IS the top of a Jeannie Dukic box top I used as a photo background. The finished piece still needs some work - I used a very thin wire as a loop at the top...it would never hold up as a pendant. Also, it was not quite cured when I snapped this picture. You can see some opaque areas on the glaze that went away eventually. 

1 comment:

  1. Is it too small to serve as an ornament, perhaps on a miniature tree? I love making diminutive ornaments for a small tabletop tree in my studio, which stays up all year, so it isn't necessarily "Christmasy". Glad you chose to rescue this one from the bin, Beti!

    ReplyDelete