Friday, June 20, 2014

Focus on life: Finding the Fun in Photography - Be Colorful

I Have Been playing with Color since Monday!!


Colorful:
a)full of interest; lively and exciting.
b)having much or varied color; bright.

This week I have been participating in Heather Powers' Art of Color Polymer Clay Boot Camp, learning to mix clay colors, create color palettes, and best of all...making beads!

So When Sally Russick sent us our prompt for Focus on Life, I was all in on Being Colorful!

First a little Color Theory:

Here are two color wheels we constructed from either cyan, yellow and magenta, or red, yellow and blue. 

Then, we took complimentary colors from one of the wheels, and constructed a complementary palette. 

We mixed the colors chosen with black, white, gray, and each other. 

After doing a few test beads, I tried making some beads that coordinate with a scarf I like.


Two sections of the scarf.



And here are the beads that were inspired by the colors of the scarf.




Hey, I like them!

Let's see what aspects of color the others have worked with. If you are interested in finding out more about Heather's class, you can visit her website HumbleBeads.














11 comments:

  1. Oooooo - I'm jealous of your class AND those amazing green beads. I discovered I was on a green jag earlier this year and those colors are right up my alley! Love the scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a colorful week you had! The scarf is beautiful and the beads are stunning! I'm inspired to think about using more green in my sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous scarf!! And your beads coordinate perfectly!!
    Happy Solstice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun class. Of course I am partial to green and think it would be fun to create beads to go with m clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun. The beads are lovely and bring out the pretty greens in your scarf

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! I love seeing your inspiration here. these are fantastic beads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely scarf...And it looks like you had a lot of fun making those beads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fantastic! Love your being colorful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, those are just super!! How beautiful with the scarf, too - just lovely. And how fun that you made these all on your own, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty colors! I love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the green beads. Would like to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete