Saturday, June 14, 2014

Focus on Life: Fun with Photography

Just Having fun with it!

Our Focus on Life theme for this month is Finding the Fun in Photography. This week Sally Russick, of Sally Elizabeth, just asked us to "Have Fun With It." 

Frankly, I was just getting through from day to day this week, not having much fun, and it was raining most of the time to boot. When I set out to capture these pictures Friday evening, I forgot to take my camera, and took them all with my phone. But somewhere around 11:00 PM, after struggling with getting the phone pictures onto the computer...the fun kicked in, and I started appreciating my task. Finally!!

What can be more fun than a Carnival? The recent wet weather kept the crowds away, but as the night wore on, and the weather improved... I'm sure fun was had. In the meantime, here is the fun that I found, taking photos and playing in PicMonkey. 




This is what happens when I start having...FUN.




I like the "Close Encounters" effect on the middle one in this set!


Oh, before I forget...Last week's Focus on Life post featured my daughter wearing this costume. 

The costume is a humanized version of the Pokemon, Gloom, seen here.

The thing on her head is not a jellyfish. It is obviously part of Gloom's head.  The jellyfish was on a costume that I had not seen yet at the time. It was way cooler, and actually looked like a jellyfish. 




Let's see what fun the others have made!


7 comments:

  1. Yea I like the close encounters picture too it's neat... Is that the free version of pic monkey or the 'royal' version? I use it all the time for my collages... we have had almost non stop rain this week too.. Thursday morning was the anomoly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free PicMonkey. If I don't get comfortable with one of the other more professional programs soon, I might go for the Royale!

      Delete
  2. It was rainy here too which made it hard to do Bible School as we send the kids out side for a while to play games. There is nothing more colorful than a carnival. And the smell of food......!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the lights of the carnival and especially like "Close Encounters"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic photos!! A fun end to a blah week (me too!)...
    Have a fun Saturday x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pics came out great with your phone. I LOVE the colors in the first one. They seem to say "fun!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cracking pictures this week. Gorgeous carnival shots.

    ReplyDelete