Friday, November 7, 2014

Focus on Life: Grateful

Something I take for granted...but shouldn't.


This week's Focus on Life prompt? Grateful.

Sally cautioned that we didn't have to look very far for our subjects... Something simple but heartfelt would do. 
I've been toying with this idea for a while, when posting a thankful or grateful theme, I guess today is the day!


My evening medication
Lovely enameled plate found at a yard sale


Those of us who take daily medication for chronic conditions may not enjoy the process, but I for one, am pretty grateful to know they help me keep my metabolic syndrome (type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol) under control.

For all the criticism our pharmaceutical and medical industries take, we live in remarkable times - when we can live active lives with chronic illnesses that may have caused disability or early death to our ancestors. 

I threw in the picture of the little dish just because I like it, and I am so glad that you can pull up to someone's yard sale, and find a little gem like this 3 inch diameter enameled copper dish.  

Let's see what other gems folks have found to be grateful for.


8 comments:

  1. Beti, I too am grateful for the medications I take for diabetes and the insurance I have to cover it. That little dish is a fantastic find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look at us diabetes all together - you, Annette and me :D I, too, am deeply grateful that I live in the 21st century and in the West, so I can get the medications I need each day...
    And yes, that wee dish is gorgeous and what a find!!
    Have a happy Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beti, your post was very thought-provoking. I often wonder how much longer my parents and grand-parents might have lived had they had the benefit of today's medical options. Many would look at the negative side of dealing with health issues but you bring your positive view to the challenge! That's a perfect dish to hold your doses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dish.. I try to avoid garage sales as there often is treasures that I need but I no longer have room for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post and lovely dish, too! Your words ring true,....if it hadn't been for my hubby's meds after his heart attack, he'd probably not be as healthy as he is today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very meaningful post and that pretty little dish just shows how everyday life can be made more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, you are so right. We live in an amazing time where it is wonderful to see people who have chronic or life threatening illnesses able to have meds to enable them to get out and enjoy life. It is truly something to be grateful for!
    P.S. Love the dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beti, sorry my fingers are to quick for the brain and I hit the wrong key!

      Delete